Asian Studies program from Lewis and Clark College is an interdisciplinary program focused on the study of historical and contemporary Asia, including China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and India among others. The curriculum introduces students to the critical and methodological approaches that have informed the study of Asia and encourages them to examine the political, economic, social, cultural, environmental and religious formations of different societies in the region. Students may focus on a particular region in its historical and contemporary manifestations or examine a conceptual theme through the region.
- Gain breadth of understanding of historical and contemporary Asia and the major cross-regional issues.
- Demonstrate depth of understanding in the arts, history, religions, politics, economics, literature or social/cultural practices of one Asian country through study of primary and secondary texts, living and learning abroad, and developing proficiency in the relevant language.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the approach and fundamentals of the methodology and theoretical paradigms associated with the relevant disciplinary approach.
- Deploy critical research skills and analytical understanding in a rigorous capstone project that involves applying relevant methodological and theoretical approaches to original research conducted by the student.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art of Tea in Japanese Culture
- Contemporary Korean Culture
- Senior Thesis: Asian Studies
- Chinese Conversation
- Advanced Readings in Chinese
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 1951 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation completed by a teacher who has taught you in an academic course (English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history, or social studies) in 10th-12th grade
- Personal essay/statement
- Leadership, community service and work experience, and extracurricular involvements
- Expressed interest in the college or personal interview (interviews are recommended, but not required)
- SAT or ACT scores, if submitted. Please see our Test-Optional Policy.
International54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.