Classroom work and practical experience will prepare you for a career in the hospitality and tourism industry from Slippery Rock University. You will have the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge through an internship experience.
After Resort Recreation and Hospitality Management cultivating a strong knowledge base in sustainable hospitality and planning, ecotourism, event programming and leadership, meeting and event planning, and resort and hotel management, your program will culminate with a 12-week internship at a hospitality or tourism-related agency. Internships are available at resorts, hotels, cruise lines, and community / municipal recreation centers.. Expert faculty will help you to match your internship with your career goals.
You will learn how to lead, program, plan, administer, and manage hospitality and tourism programs, while developing hospitality and guest relations skills.
As a major in Resort, Recreation and Hospitality Management, you will become skilled in the following areas:
- Hotel and lodging management
- Personnel management
- Administration of hospitality and tourism departments
- Sustainable tourism site planning
- Program development for a variety of age groups
- Programming for special events
- Planning recreation activities for conference groups
- Hospitality, Event Management & Tourism
- Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry
- Public Relations for Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism
- Programming and Leadership for Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism
- Sustainable Planning for Tourism
- Management of Hospitality and Tourism Facilities
- Administration for Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism
- Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism
- Internship in HEMT
- Principles of Commercial Recreation/Tourism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHospitality Management Event Management Tourism & Leisure View 207 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the application for admission
- Pay $30 USD application fee in the application portal. (non-refundable)
- Submit official, English-translated copies of all secondary course work completed, including subjects listed and marks earned, secondary school certificates, diplomas and examinations results.
- All non-native speakers of English must submit an official score report
International15432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7716 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7716 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7716 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3858 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Grove City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.