- Completing the public health sciences major will: (1) expose students to the historical and societal associations between determinants of health and health outcomes utilizing analytical thinking and critical assessment; (2) provide students with a variety of professional development and academically challenging experiences that prepare students to enter the public health workforce or graduate/professional schools; (3) assist students with demonstrating creativity, inquisitiveness, and evidenced-based rigor in the application of public health problem-solving skills; and 4) assist students with developing skills and abilities to design, implement, and evaluate health intervention to address a variety of health issues.
- The Public Health Sciences undergraduate degree program is built upon Xavier University of Louisiana’s strong emphasis in the liberal arts. The liberal arts courses help to establish an interdisciplinary perspective based on a variety of disciplinary contributions in the arts and sciences - all of which are critical to students’ preparation in public health. These courses include history, ethics and philosophy, English literature, psychology, sociology, political science/public policy, economics, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics/statistics, languages, communication, and fine arts. These recommended courses align nicely with the required core courses every Xavier University student must take.
- Public Health
- Nutrition and Health
- Behavioral Theories in Public Health
- Health Promotion Program Planning & Evaluation
- Environmental Health -
- Epidemiology -
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1217 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
- Secondary School Record (Transcript) in English
- Letter of Recommendation from a secondary school official
- ACT/SAT Results (if available)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (Non-English speaking natives are required to submit) Required Minimum Scores: TOEFL: Paper – 550 Internet-Based – 80 IELTS: 7.0
- Xavier University Certificate of Financial Support- a notarized form indicating who will pay the cost of attendance.
- Original certificate of national examination taken by the student (if applicable)
International23064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11532 USD per semester during 48 months.
National23064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11532 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.