Since the ad hoc major must be approved by the faculty advisor, it is essential that students make an appointment to discuss their interest in pursuing this area of study.
Note for Bachelor of Business Administration students: Arts Administration - Visual Arts program from The City University of New York can also provide BBA students with the arts and sciences background to prepare for entry into fields like management in the creative arts.
Upon completion of an ad hoc major in Arts Administration, Specialization in Visual Arts, students will:
- Understand the history of art and its cultural contexts
- Understand the structure and content of great works of art
- Demonstrate well-developed critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Have the communication skills necessary to succeed in careers in Visual Arts Administration.
- Have familiarity with, and experience in, careers in Visual Arts Administration.
- Be prepared for the professional demands and expectations typical of careers in Visual Arts Administration.
- Art History Survey
- The Art Market
- The Arts in New York City (1900 - Present)
- Arts Administration Internship
- Islamic Art
- Native Art of the Americas
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 2337 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School transcript/diploma or equivalent
- Overall Grade Point Average and success in individual subjects
- Curriculum rigor
- College essay (recommended)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Evidence of demonstrated leadership and intellectual curiosity (recommended)
- Official English Translation of Foreign Records
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score (for students requiring an F-1 or J-1 visa) – As an alternative, we are currently accepting the Duolingo English Exam.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6930 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.