Since the ad hoc major must be approved by the faculty advisor, it is essential that students make an appointment to discuss their interest in pursuing this area of study.
Note for Bachelor of Business Administration students: Arts Administration - Visual Arts program from The City University of New York can also provide BBA students with the arts and sciences background to prepare for entry into fields like management in the creative arts.
The mission of The City University of New York, embodied in state education law, Article 125, Section 6201, as the finding and intent of the New York State Legislature, states in part:
“The Legislature intends that The City University of New York should be maintained as an independent system of higher education governed by its own Board of Trustees responsible for the governance, maintenance and development of both senior and community college units of The City University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art History Survey
- The Art Market
- The Arts in New York City (1900 - Present)
- Arts Administration Internship
- Islamic Art
- Native Art of the Americas
- Asian Art
- African Art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 844 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your completed CUNY Application by the priority deadline. Applications are only accepted online.
- Official high school transcript
- Test scores: Have SAT or ACT scores sent directly to CUNY (Baruch’s SAT / ACT score code is 2950). We also accept test scores sent by your high school counselor/college advisor.
- Non-refundable $65 application processing fee: The easiest and fastest way to pay the fee is online by credit card using a Visa or MasterCard (via the CUNY Portal)
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6930 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.