When you watch an animated movie or cartoon, see an advertisement, or text in a magazine, you’re observing computer graphics. To be a graphic designer, you must understand fundamentals like typography, complementary colors, white space, and more. Graphic design is a crucial part of businesses and organizations because they effectively display visuals and data to consumers.
Create stunning graphics. Use the latest software, technologies, and equipment. Curate design skills. Navigate the ropes between print, web, motion pictures, and video.
If you want to peak your design interests even more, check out our student clubs:
- Art Club
- Animation Club
- Photography Club
- Film Club
At the end of your academic career, you’ll have a portfolio full of original content, making you ready to take on the graphic arts industry.
Upon completion of the Digital Arts and Design - Computer Graphics program from Dakota State University, students will to be able to:
- Effectively work in a collaborative group
- Requisite mastery over necessary design theory and skills
- Think creatively, holistically, and resourcefully
- Communicate effectively – visual/audio, written and spoken
- Completed a strong capstone/undergraduate research project/portfolio
- Digital Photography
- 2-D Design on Computers
- Digital Arts and Design
- Digital Storytelling
- Career Preparation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGraphic Design Computer Sciences View 619 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Dakota State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
In order to demonstrate your academic ability to meet the academic challenges at DSU, you’ll need to meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Maintain an above-average academic record at least equivalent to a "B-" (2.60 on a 4.00 GPA scale)
- Be in the top 60% of your class
- Get an ACT composite score of 18 or above, or get an SAT score of 950 or above with subscores of at least 480 on the Math and 450 on the Critical Reading
Submit original academic transcripts
- Your academic transcripts need to be originals or official certified true copies. If your transcripts are not in English, certified true translations must be attached.
Be proficient in English
- If you’re not a native speaker of English, you must demonstrate proficiency in English
International11936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5968 USD per semester during 48 months.
National11936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5968 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4417 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.