Religious Studies Major Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete a Religious Studies program at Allegheny College should be able to:
- Recognize and identify similarities and differences among various historical religious cultures and communities and the meaning of those similarities and differences for the religious beliefs and practices of the members of the respective communities;
- Read and comprehend (in translation) religious literature of various sorts within the context of the historical religious culture which gave rise to that literature and has in turn been shaped by it;
- Engage in critical analysis of religious phenomena, beliefs, and practices on the one hand, and conflicting interpretations of them on the other, while also recognizing the validity and value of those phenomena, beliefs and practices for those who adhere to them;
- Appreciate the mutual influence of culture and historical context and a given religious tradition, and how each may affect the other at different times and in different places, while also recognizing the continuity of the faith tradition throughout history;
- Articulate their own thoughts effectively both orally and in writing, exhibiting command of the preceding abilities in terms appropriate to the academic study of religion.
- Religion in the Ancient Near East
- The New Testament
- Christian Ethics
- The Qur'an
- The Hebrew Bible
- Paul the Apostle
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 3022 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Allegheny College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- High School Transcript & College Course Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores
- English Proficiency Scores
- Counselor Recommendation / School Report
- Teacher Recommendation
International52950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52950 USD per year during 48 months.
National52950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52950 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Meadville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.