The Nursing programme of Morgan State University teaches graduates to provide safe, effective, and evidenced-based practice as baccalaureate nurses. The program aims to prepare nurses who will be able to meet the challenges of a dynamic, changing, and emerging health care setting. The philosophy incorporates the MSU Nursing Conceptual Framework, Core Values and the American Nurses Association (ANA) Nursing Code of Ethics. The aforementioned concepts guide the profession of nursing as an art and a science.
The curriculum guiding the Bachelor of Science (Nursing) Program adheres to the Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice (2008) as articulated by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The philosophy incorporates MSU Nursing Conceptual Framework, Core Values and Nursing Code of Ethics as detailed in the Undergraduate Student Handbook.
The Nursing Program faculty teaches graduates to provide safe, effective, and evidenced-based practice as baccalaureate nurses.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 1183 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
- Admission to Morgan State University
- A completed Morgan State University Nursing Program Application submitted by deadline
- Three (3) letters of reference (1 academic; 1 personal/character; 1 professional/organizational)
- Completion of all prerequisite courses prior to starting the nursing program (all science coursework must have been completed within the last five years)
- Proof of health insurance/immunizations for employment in healthcare field
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA's from all previous schools attended will be used to calculate overall GPA)
- An admissions assessment test will be administered to all students as part of the Nursing Program's admissions process.
International15950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7975 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7975 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5478 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2739 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.