Upon successful completion of this Graphic Design and Digital Media program at Suny Cortland , students will be able to:
- Utilize the elements of art and principles of design.
- Execute visual and written/verbal skills applicable to the presentation of their work.
- Understand the ways in which art, media, and culture affect each other and society-at-large.
- Analyze critically works of art from traditional to nontraditional mediums, diverse genres, and a wide range of historical periods and geographical locations, demonstrating comprehension of global perspectives in visual culture.
- Evaluate works of art/design using a personalized visual vocabulary that expresses knowledge, awareness and dialog with historical and contemporary influences within arts, humanities, sciences and technology.
- Formulate visuals through problem solving, research, graphic design practice and emerging media. Demonstrate an understanding of principles of visual organization/composition/form, information hierarchy, typography, and symbolic representation.
- Graphic designer
- Digital image creator
- Web page designer
- Advertising artist
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis, so decisions may occur prior to the deadlines.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 2337 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All admissions applications are individually reviewed. Decisions are based on criteria such as academic performance in the classroom, class rank, extracurricular activities, personal statements and recommendations. Application materials include the following:
- The Common Application or the SUNY Application
- Official transcript or results from the General Equivalency Diploma (GED). If you have prior military service, Discharge papers.
- SUNY Supplemental Form (if you submitted the SUNY Application)
- Personal statement or essay (at least 250 words)
- At lease one recommendation from a teacher or college counselor using the Teacher/Counselor Evaluation Form.
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cortland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.