The discipline of History seeks to reconstruct the past to discover what people thought and did. Understanding the past enables one to prepare for the future, and history provides insight into the experiences of diverse peoples as well as an understanding of the process of recording, narrating, and interpreting the past via historical method.
The discipline of Geography enhances our knowledge of the earth and broadens our view of the aspects of different cultures and societies. It uses tools such as cartography, geographic information systems, and quantitative methods to analyze processes that influence the natural and built environments.
Armed with such skills, graduates from the Department of History and Geography of Morgan State University are prepared to work in a wide variety of fields and careers.
- Research: cultural resources managers, historic preservation specialists, think-tank & policy workers, environmental researchers
- Government: legislative staffers, congressional aides, intelligence agents & analysts, foreign officers and diplomats, government historians
- Communication: writers & editors, journalists, producers & broadcasters, information managers, archival & records managers, librarians
- Business: corporate researchers, technical & business writers, advertising executives, consultants, public relations officers
- Advocacy: lawyers & paralegals, litigation supporters, foundation & non-profit workers
- Education: elementary and secondary school teachers, college professors, museum curators, directors, and supporting staff
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historiography & Historical Methods
- Historical Writing
- Four courses in African American, African, or African Diaspora or related topics
- History Elective
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Geography View 470 other Masters in Geography in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Evaluated Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- Financial Information
- Visas and Passports
- Essay, Letter of Recommendation and SAT/ACT
International18100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9050 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9050 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.