You are encouraged to undertake a paid placement year to further develop your business connections and practical skills whilst working for real-world organisation.
Study areas include:
- business strategy
- business creation and growth
- organisation behaviour and management
- supply chain management
- marketing and marketing communications
- accounting and finance
- management and entrepreneurial theory
Group work tasks develop your team working skills and our business simulation project puts you in charge of your own virtual venture. In competition with other students, you develop your skills in problem solving, analysis and creativity as you make decisions to optimise your business’ performance.
Business administration skills are critical to successful business operations and developing these skills will prepare you for a career in business and management.
Many of our graduates go on to roles in business consultancy and analyst roles as well as graduate management training schemes straight after graduation as Essex Business School prepares you for the world of work from day one.
The Business Administration course offered by the University of Essex curriculum taught here embeds transferable employability skills in analysis, critical thinking, presentation and communication across all modules.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- Associate Professional Business Analyst at DXC Technology – an end-to-end IT services company
- Delivery Consultant at RED - The Global SAP Solutions Provider - a specialist recruitment firm
- iX Business Consultant at IBM – the multifunctional information technology conglomerate
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Business Creation and Growth
Principles of Markets, Marketing and Selling
Professional and Academic Development
International Business Management
Organisational Behaviour and Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Digital Marketing View 1347 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCSE: Mathematics C/4
- A-levels: BBB
- BTEC: DDM, depending on subject studied - advice on acceptability can be provided.
- IB: 30 points or three Higher Level certificates with 555, including Standard Level Mathematics/Maths Studies grade 4, if not taken at Higher Level.
- We are also happy to consider a combination of separate IB Diploma Programmes at both Higher and Standard Level. Please note that Maths in the IB is not required if you have already achieved GCSE Maths at grade C/4 or above or 4 in IB Middle Years Maths. Exact offer levels will vary depending on the range of subjects being taken at higher and standard level, and the course applied for. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office for more information.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.