We emphasize research skills in our courses, and we use animals extensively to help you learn. Both core courses, "Behavioral Neuroscience" and "Psychopharmacology," have a lab requirement. Many Connecticut College students conduct individual studies to hone their research skills. The experience you gain will be invaluable as you prepare for medical school, graduate school or a research position.
Internships and service learning
The College's extensive programs can lead you across the United States and around the world. Many students conduct summer research internships. As a behavioral neuroscience major, you also have the chance to inspire others to learn about science with community events like the College's Kids Judge! Neuroscience Fair. You and your fellow students plan and create interactive demonstrations, games and crafts to teach elementary students how the brain works – and your projects are judged by them.
Conferences and scientific societies
Behavioral Neuroscience majors participate in the annual meetings of the Society for Neuroscience and NEURON, the Northeast Under/graduate Research Organization for Neuroscience. NEURON will put you in contact with undergraduates, grad students and faculty at many other institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Cognitive Brain Imaging
- Medical anthropology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience View 225 other Masters in Neuroscience in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.