The program is focused on developing well-rounded artists that can work in a variety of areas in the competitive business of theater. American International College’s student theater organization is called The Garret Players, and they are focused on supporting and producing theater productions on campus, in conjunction with the Department of Theater Arts.
The mission of The Garret Players is to broaden the dialogue about theater on campus and in the surrounding community by volunteering with community based arts organizations and by fundraising for theatrical productions and events on campus.
A theater major will be able to create a theatrical work through the demonstration of her/his individual and collaborative projects.
- A theater major will be able to write clearly and analytically about theoretical and practical aspects of theater.
- A theater major will have the ability to analyze at a theatrical script from the perspective of actor, designer, technician, and director
- A theater major will participate in multiple aspects of the production process.
- A theater major will develop proficiency in at least one area of theater that will be the basis for his/her senior project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Acting
- Styles of Acting
- Theater Workshop
- Scene Study
- Movement for the Actor
- Costume, Hair and Makeup Design, with laboratory
- Play Production, with laboratory
- Voice and Articulation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
AIC reviews applications on a rolling basis. Once a complete application is received a decision is typically made within two weeks.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 1234 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcript
- Standardized test scores (optional)
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
- Personal statement (optional)
- English proficiency
- Activities summary
- Personal interviews
International38220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38220 USD per year during 48 months.
National38220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38220 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.