Students pursuing the Chinese Studies program of Gettysburg College are strongly encouraged to study abroad for a semester or a year in China. Gettysburg College is affiliated with study-abroad programs in Beijing and Shanghai jointly administered by CET Academic Programs, Capital Normal University, and Donghua University. In addition to language study through the advanced level, the program offers a wide range of courses appropriate to the China specialization within the East Asian Studies major or minor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon the completion of a major in East Asian Studies with China/Japan Track, students will:
- read, write, speak, and aurally comprehend Chinese and/or Japanese at the advanced level or higher, with the potential to integrate it into scholarly research.
- demonstrate a historical and cultural awareness of their studied region, as well as East Asia in general.
- obtain a solid, specialized knowledge in the chosen discipline.
- formulate oral and written arguments using disciplinary methodology and sources.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chinese Culture & Society
- Modern China
- Introduction to Buddhism
- Introduction to Asian Art
- Advanced Chinese
- China in Literature and Media – High Advanced Level Chinese
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 2279 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- Official Secondary School Records
- Teacher Recommendation
- Counselor Recommendation
- Official SAT or ACT Scores
- English Language Proficiency Testing
- Certification of Finances Form
- International Student Financial Aid Application
- Passport Information
- While interviews are not required, Gettysburg College does value the opportunity to learn more about you beyond your application
International56390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56390 USD per year during 48 months.
National56390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56390 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Gettysburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.