On this Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12) program at the State University of New York at Oswego you will study in a certification area (biology, chemistry, earth sciences, English, French, German, mathematics, physics, social studies or Spanish) as well as in other arts and sciences support areas. To teach at this level, you would become proficient in your discipline, learning theories and adolescent development.
SUNY Oswego is dedicated to preparing knowledgeable and committed teachers with strong commitments to equity and diversity, critical thinking, social responsibility and critical reflection. They will also learn:
- Effective communication with people, verbal and written
- Program planning, organization and record-keeping
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Motivational skills
- Schooling, Pedagogy, and Social Justice
- Professionalism & Social Justice Seminar
- Adolescence Literacy: Assessment and Intervention
- Teaching Literacy in the Content Areas Grades 7-12
- Interdisciplinary Methods Grades 7-12
- Student Teaching Grades 7-12
- Cross-Cultural Student Teaching Grades 7-12
- Educational Planning for Students with Disabilities
- Culturally Relevant Teaching
- Schools and Urban Society
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority dates: January 15 for fall, October 15 for spring. After these dates, all applicants are considered on a space-available basis.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 94 other Bachelors in Pedagogy in United States
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mean 89.5 GPA
- Submit transcripts
- Report ACT and/or SAT scores (optional)
- Send Your English Proficiency Scores
- Provide Financial Documentation
- Submit a recommendation
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oswego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.