We offer a bachelor degree in Actuarial Science at the Drake University. How much should a company charge an individual for car insurance? How much should a business set aside to cover potential liabilities resulting from risks they cover? You’ll learn to use math and data analysis to answer these questions and make important strategic decisions for your organization.
Drake has one of the best actuarial science programs in the nation and is one of the few private programs in the Midwest with a full set of courses taught by actuaries. This means you will learn from some of the highest caliber faculty, receive an outstanding education, and graduate prepared to start your career.
- Corporations from across the nation regularly recruit Drake students and recent graduates for internships and jobs.
- Graduates from Drake work around the world and actuarial students have held prestigious internships at places such as American Republic, Athene, Farm Bureau, GuideOne, Nationwide, Allstate, Mutual of Omaha, The Principal Financial Group, Wellmark, and many other locations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory Of Interest
- Probability I Lab
- Mathematical Statistics
- Life Insurance Mathematics
- Short-term Actuarial Math
- Actuarial Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 2151 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English Proficiency
- ACT or SAT Scores
- Test-Flexible Interview
- Personal Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- International Student Grant Application
International45734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22867 USD per semester during 48 months.
National45734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22867 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Des Moines
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.