This Computer Science program at California State University East Bay is designed to prepare students for employment in the technology sector or for advanced study in Computer Science. The curriculum provides a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge as well as experience with practical application in hardware and software.
Computer Science is the study of algorithms for addressing, processing, storing, and transmitting information. It encompasses a broad perspective that includes what constitutes a computer, computer uses and applications, and theoretical approaches to what can or can’t be computed. The core curriculum in Computer Science, involving a blend of theory and practice, offers opportunities for problem solving in many areas and provides experience with a variety of computer languages and software packages.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a B.S. in Computer Science will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and computational theory to analyze problems in computer science, and identify and define the resources and requirements needed for their solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Recognize and distinguish the mechanisms, components and architecture of computing systems.
- Employ current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice, and recognize the need for continuing professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming Language Concepts
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Computer Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Introduction to Computer Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 1919 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online at Cal State Apply. Pay the $70 non-refundable application fee at time of application submission. Be sure to print the confirmation page for your records and retain your CAS ID.
- Submit Official Academic Records. Academic records are: transcripts/mark sheets and degree certificates/diplomas. All academic work must be included.
- Submit Official Test Score Report
International16488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16488 USD per year during 48 months.
National16488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16488 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6984 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.