The objectives of the Communication - Mass Communication program of California State University Los Angeles are to provide students with appropriate training for careers in mass media and communication, to help students be analytical consumers of the media, and to refine their visual and writing skills. Career paths include, for example: advertising, public relations, new media, in-house consumer products marketing, non-profit marketing, and integrated communications
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mass Communication Theory
- Principles and Practices of Public Relations
- Advertising as a Communication Processes
- Media, Communication and the Environment
- Children and Mass Communication
- Technology and Human Interaction
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 1060 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Require a 'F visa' (or I-20) to study at Cal State LA;
- Will have attained a high school diploma, or its equivalent, by the end of Spring; and
- Have not earned college credit beyond the summer immediately following high school graduation.
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in academic courses of the last 3 years of high school/secondary education.
- Explore and choose a major to declare on your application
- Apply online at Cal State Apply by the deadline
- Submit SAT or ACT test scores (if graduating from a U.S. high school)
- Submit official transcripts or other documents only if requested
International16286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16286 USD per year during 48 months.
National16286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6782 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.