Our multi-disciplinary approach includes two field experiences and allows you to focus your studies in a particular area of interest. Both concentrations in the Health, Wellness and Fitness (HWF) program at University of Wisconsin Stout offer hands-on experiences and business management skills that will give you a competitive edge when entering the profession or pursuing a masters degree.
The Health and Wellness Promotions concentration will prepare you to:
- establish health education and nutrition programs within businesses, fitness organizations and community organizations.
- consult within the health insurance industry on corporate health and wellness programs.
- effectively address public healthcare issues, disease prevention and health issues related to the use and abuse of drugs and alcohol.
- prepare for Health Promotion Specialist certifications.
The Fitness Professional concentration will prepare you to:
- understand the psychological dimensions of fitness and wellness and help individuals cope with stress and other common life adjustments throughout their lifespan.
- manage a health and fitness organization and inspire people to make a health-generating change.
- develop a career as a head athletic trainer, resident athletic trainer or sports medicine coordinator for fitness programs, health clubs and community recreation programs.
- become eligible for certification as a strength and conditioning professional or as an individual and group fitness instructor.
- Community Health
- Rehabilitation and Chemical Dependency
- Health Care Dilemmas & Decisions for Families
- Community Nutrition
- Sports Nutrition
- Personal and Group Exercise: Theory and Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1312 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We recommend using our online application or the Common App as the easiest and fastest way to apply. You can begin the application any time and save your progress to come back to it later
- The $100 payment includes $50 application fee and $50 international processing fee
- The English Proficiency requirement may be waived for applicants from English-speaking countries
- Please submit a formal written statement or an official bank statement certifying that either you or your sponsor has sufficient funds
- Please submit your academic records from all secondary and higher education institutions you've attended
- Send a copy of your official/attested academic records translated into English, as well as the original document
International17819 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17819 USD per year during 48 months.
National17819 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17819 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9553 USD per year during 48 months.
Wisconsin Resident: $9,553 Minnesota Resident: $11,121
Living costs for Menominee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.