Students in the Social Science with History Teaching program at Winona State University work with the College of Education in order to learn up-to-date pedagogical and curricular practices.
Through the Social Science/History program and the College of Education, students are given a number of field experience opportunities to observe and practice social studies in a secondary school setting.
Teachers in Social Studies have a great responsibility. As a professional, your purpose is to educate and enlighten students in the disciplines of political science, history, geography, economics, and the behavioral sciences.
Students who enter the program need to also show a clear desire to work with young people as a teacher in the secondary setting. The program provides preparation for teachers entering the grades 5-12 social studies field or to those seeking a variety of other careers.
Increasingly, businesses are seeking employees with an understanding of history, civics, and economics, coupled with the abilities to work in a team setting and utilize skills in leadership, organization, and communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Introduction to Law and Society
- Western Civilization to 1500
- Western Civilization 1500-1815
- Western Civilization 1815 to Present
- East Asian Civilization
- Classical History
- United States History to 1865
- United States History Since 1865
- Latin American History
- African Civilization
- The Mississippi River in U.S. History
- Minnesota History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Sociology Teaching View 1435 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (2 years algebra & 1 year geometry)
- 3 years of science (1 year biological science & 1 year chemistry or physics-- all should include labs)
- 3 years of social studies (including 1 year U.S. history)
- 2 years of world language (American Sign Language is accepted, but no sampler or review courses)
- 1 year of specified electives (world cultures, computer science, arts, music)
International13696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6848 USD per semester during 48 months.
National13696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6848 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7598 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3799 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.