What are the driving forces behind thought and behavior? How do children learn about the world? How are memories organized? How do people interact in groups? A comprehensive understanding of psychology requires research training, critical analysis of psychological theories and research, and the ethical application of scientific knowledge.
Within the Psychology major, students at University of Puget Sound progress through a series of methods, statistics, and laboratory courses and take upper-division elective courses to explore selected topics in greater depth. Seminars and independent study courses provide opportunities for students to approach contemporary issues in psychology and develop the skills of scholarship at a more sophisticated level.
What you'll learn
- How to understand human and non-human behavior and mental processes
- Application skills to connect psychological concepts to real-world problems
- Quantitative and verbal aspects of logical thinking and critical analysis
- Ethical ramifications of research and practice in the field
- Experimental Psychology and Applied Statistics
- Developmental Psychology: Prenatal through Childhood
- Developmental Psychology: Adolescence Through the End of Life
- Lifespan Development
- Social Psychology
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Teaching View 2915 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including required essay
- $65 (USD) Application Fee
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- School Report | Complete your portion of this form and give to your school counselor or administrator
- Official Transcript | Your high school counselor can submit your transcript with the School Report section
- One Counselor Evaluation and One Teacher Recommendation
- Interviews (strongly recommended)
- International Student Financial Statement
International57330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57330 USD per year during 48 months.
National57330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57330 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tacoma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.