Courses in the program allow students to explore the empirical, philosophical, and policy dimensions of development. Faculty members at Puget Sound with development expertise teach in several departments and thus can provide students with a comprehensive set of skills and experiences for future development studies or work.
Global Development Studies students at the University of Puget Sound participate in several study abroad programs, and faculty-led study-travel trips, in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Through homestays and independent research projects, many study abroad programs encourage deep social and cultural immersion and engagement with local populations. These experiences allow students to apply their knowledge and skills to real-world contexts.
What you'll learn
- How the concept of development has historically been defined and practiced
- Connections among the political, economic, and sociocultural dimensions
- Assumptions that have shaped development and policy goals, and the diverse kinds of evidence used to evaluate their effectiveness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Development Economics
- Political Economy of International Development
- Cultural Politics of Global Development
- Research Seminar in Global Development Studies
- Business at the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Technology, Organization, and Globalization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 235 other Bachelors in International Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including required essay
- $65 (USD) Application Fee
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- School Report | Complete your portion of this form and give to your school counselor or administrator
- Official Transcript | Your high school counselor can submit your transcript with the School Report section
- One Counselor Evaluation and One Teacher Recommendation
- Interviews (strongly recommended)
- International Student Financial Statement
International55390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55390 USD per year during 48 months.
National55390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55390 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tacoma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.