The Sociology program at Birzeit University also seeks to develop students’ skills and abilities of to understand Sociology in critical manner and applied it creatively. In addition, the program pays special attention to develop students’ research skills, their professional qualifications, and well as their personal and life skills.
- To contribute to the development of the Palestinian society through teaching and research produced by faculty members and/or students.
- To train students who are specialized in sociology and have the necessary qualifications and expertise to contribute to the development of the Palestinian society especially in this stage of Palestinian state-building which contains major challenges socially, politically, economically, and culturally.
- To enable students to deeply understand the differences between scientific (evidence-based) knowledge and other types of knowledge and to employ a variety of scientific methods in studying social phenomena and problems and providing social solutions.
- To help students develop critical thinking and sociological imagination and to strengthen their self-confidence and their sense of belonging to their society and to humanity at large.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Critical Readings In Sociological Texts
- Classical Sociological Theories
- Palestinian Society
- Methods Of Qualitative Research
- Sociology Of The Family
- Social Stratification
- Contemporary Sociological Theories
- Principles Of Social Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of secondary schooling in the country where the student obtained an education
- Pass in six subjects, one of which is High Level and five of which are Standard/Subsidiary Level
- Obtaining a minimum total of 21 points out of 42 points
- Pass points in the High Level are 3-7 and in the Subsidiary Level 2-7 (if a student sits or two subjects or more in the High Level, the additional subject is considered as Subsidiary in the calculation of points and the basis of pass.)
International56 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56 USD per year during 48 months.
National56 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.