The Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology at Emporia State University is designed to provide a student with in-depth academic preparation in the field of sociology.
The B.S degree is designed primarily for those students who intend to pursue careers in criminal justice,social service,law enforcement,government agencies, and other related fields, or who want more extensive preparation in the discipline of sociology for advanced degree programs.
Students in this program,
- Learn how the self develops sociologically and to explain the relationship between the individual and society.
- Explore social problems such as poverty, racism, discrimination, and inequality from different theoretical perspectives.
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative research reports, scholarly articles, policies, and media information.
- Identify practical and ethical issues involved with the study of human behavior by studying the American Sociological Association Code of Ethics.
- Express and communicate sociological knowledge inside and outside the classroom.
- Learn how social factors such as race, gender, sexuality, social class, and age influence social interaction and our perceptions and ideas.
- Participate in learning activities that will facilitate student’s interaction with people from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Sociology
- Social Problems
- Social Deviance
- Family in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Social Stratification
- Research Methods
- Research Methods and Statistics in Sociology
- Sociological Theory
- Senior Capstone
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 1352 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.