Emporia State University offers two tracks for Political Science majors. Students in the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) track will benefit from a disciplined study of legislative, executive and judicial institutions at the national, state, and local levels. Students will be prepared for graduate work in political science, policy analysis and law.
Prospective careers would include work as a policy analyst, a member of a legislative staff, a lobbyist, advisor to candidates and political parties, and leadership of interest groups. The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) track will teach students about the cultural, historical and foreign language components of the Political Science field. Graduates from this track are especially well-suited to continue their educations in law school or in a variety of other graduate studies.
Careers are open in areas like foreign policy analysis, foreign service, military service, intelligence analysis, or as a consultant for international business and industry.
What can i do with this degree?
Alumni find jobs in government relations, law, state and local government offices, and in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American National Government
- International Relations
- American Foreign Policy
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Introduction to Government and Politics
- International Law and Organization
- Comparative Politics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 1098 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.