The Information Systems major at Emporia State University involves the study of how people, data, computer hardware, software, and other technology work together to satisfy the information needs of professionals.
A background in IS also leads to an understanding of the impact of new applications of technology on an organization. IS professionals also analyze existing systems in order to maximize their performance. CNBC.com has listed Information Systems as one of the top 15 highest paid bachelor's degrees, with an average annual starting salary of $52,089.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What can you do with a degree in Information Systems?
- Manufacturing Firms
- Service-based Organizations
- Financial Analyst
- Web-based Positions
- Data Communication
- Business Computer Systems Analysis
- Web-Based Business Applications
- Data Base Concepts
- Business Intelligence
- Telecommunications and Networking Applications
- Information Systems Design and Project Management
- Information Systems Electives
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Business Information Systems View 158 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.