A degree in History at Emporia State University prepares you for careers for which a broad liberal arts background is essential. These possible career opportunities include numerous areas of private business and government service.
For example, a history major who understands the history and culture of foreign countries could find employment with the government as a foreign-service agent, or with a multinational corporation in a variety of roles. Many students who pursue this major also go on and take additional professional training in such areas as law, religion, library science, and journalism.
What can you do with this degree?
History begins with curiosity about the past, and there are many ways to turn that curiosity into a successful career. The major emphasizes critical thinking, research, writing skills, and working with primary and secondary sources. A wide range of employers highly value these analytical skills. We also have an M.A. degree, along with certificate programs for licensed teachers and for students wishing to study Public History. In addition, we have two joint degree programs with the School of Library and Information Management. ESU History alumni are currently working in museums, archives, interpretive centers, education, university and public administration, and libraries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What can you do with a degree in History?
- Historical Consulting
- Museum or Archival Work
- Law School
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 1605 other Masters in History in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.