The core of the program at Emporia State University includes a broad-based exposure to economics in either EC 101 or BC 103 and BC 104 followed by courses in intermediate microeconomics, intermediate macroeconomics, and statistics. Beyond the core, students take additional advisor-approved electives in economics and related areas to complete the 30 hour requirement.
This Economics degree is designed to give the student a broad background in economics rather than concentration in any particular area. The program includes 30 hours of courses, which includes a course in statistics and an optional calculus course. Economics is an excellent background for a variety of careers in business, financial institutions, public utilities, and government.
All students majoring in economics must earn a GPA of 2.0 or above in their economics course work whether it was earned at ESU or another school.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Economics
- Principles of Economics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Business Statistics
- Labor Economics
- Money and Banking
- Current Econ Problems
- Comparative Economic Systems
- Independent Study
- History of Economic Thought
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 989 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.