Earth Science majors at Emporia State University have opportunities for practical experience via field studies, laboratory activities, and internships. Heightened environmental awareness has led to many career opportunities in the earth sciences.
In recent years earth science graduates have found challenging positions in governmental agencies, private environmental consulting firms, petroleum exploration firms and geology museums. Degree options for majors in earth science include a BA and a BS. A BSE is also available and recommended for students interested in teaching. Minors in geospatial analysis and paleontology are also offered.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What can you do with a degree in Earth Science?
- Environmental geology
- Water resource management
- Mineral/energy exploration
- Museum collections management
- GIS/remote sensing analysis
- Teaching at various levels
- Graduate studies
- Geospatial Analysis -Minor
- Environmental Geology
- Paleontology - Minor
- Physical Geography
- Space Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Earth Sciences Environmental Economics & Policy View 182 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.