The Bachelor of Arts degree in Crime and Delinquency Studies at Emporia State University traditionally has been a broad based liberal arts degree designed to provide the student with a solid foundation in Crime and Delinquency Studies and course work in a variety of other liberal arts disciplines.
Students in this program,
- Understand the relationships between the major agencies of the justice system, including the police, courts, and corrections.
- Understand the key concepts and theories in criminology and criminal justice.
- Examine contemporary issues facing the criminal justice system, such as corruption, police brutality, racial profiling, and disproportional minority contact.
- Understand the basics principles and practices of rehabilitation, retribution, restitution, and incapacitation.
- Evaluate the different explanations regarding the nature, extent, causation, and prevention of crime and delinquency.
- Express and communicate criminological and criminal justice knowledge inside and outside the classroom.
- Learn how race, gender, sexuality, social class, and age are related to crime, delinquency, and criminal justice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Law Enforcement
- Sociology of Corrections
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Research Methods
- Theories of Crime and Delinquency
- Research Methods and Statistics in Sociology
- Senior Capstone
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 479 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.