The Biochemistry and Molecular Biology curriculum at Emporia State University is rigorous. The 30+ hours of chemistry include organic and physical chemistry. Biology requirements include cell biology, as well as classical and molecular genetics. The curriculum also involves two semesters of physics and a semester of calculus. BMB majors will also carry out original research under the tutelage of a chemistry or biology faculty member, and will present the results of that research at a departmental seminar.
With the rigor, however, comes the reward! This interface between chemistry and biology - the understanding of life processes at the chemical (molecular) level - is one of the most exciting and rapidly-developing areas of science! Imagine yourself
• elucidating the secrets of the human genome
• developing new therapeutic strategies for disease treatment
• determining how environmental factors affect human health
• exploring new ways to effectively fight bioterrorism
• improving crop production and agricultural disease resistance
• investigating the biological implications of long-term human space exploration
• solving mysteries utilizing forensic analysis
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Chemistry I, Lecture and Lab
- Elements of Physical Chemistry
- Principles of Biology, Lecture and Lab
- General Genetics
- Cell Biology
- Immunology, Lecture and Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry Genetics View 1825 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Original or notarized copies of all academic credentials (secondary school records, examinations results, diplomas, courses, credits completed, and grades received). Official notarized translated copies must also be sent for all non-English credentials.
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
- Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3485 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.