Through an established library instruction session program and one-on-one consultations at the reference desk, the library supports students as they enter, explore and contribute to ongoing scholarly conversations.
The Library program at Gustavus Adolphus College will play an essential role in engaging students in critical inquiry and developing the skills and dispositions of life-long learners, prepared for lives of leadership and service in a diverse and fast-changing world. To do this, the library will support the curriculum with materials and opportunities for course-related and independent learning; will provide leadership in fostering information literacy across the curriculum; will inform the community of emerging issues in information policy and trends; and will support the intellectual and cultural life of the college by developing programs, collections, and an engaging physical and virtual space for exploration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Reading Workshop - In this course students read and discuss two or more books, including a contemporary work of fiction or non-fiction announced in advance and a book chosen by the student, Students publish reviews of the books they read to a book-related social network, reflect on their own reading histories and practices, and explore the place of books and literacy in contemporary culture.
- Information Fluency - This course gives students interested in going to graduate or professional school—or who simply want to know more about research—an immersion in the structure of the literature of their chosen field and exposure to research tools and collections.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 21 other Bachelors in Library Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Transcript Required : Please ask your school counselor to send us your transcript.
- Recommendations Optional : We welcome recommendations from teachers and counselors. They may submit their own letters or use the Gustavus Recommendation Form.
- Scholarship Applications Optional
- FAFSA Optional
- Test Scores Optional : Be sure to select test optional if not submitting test scores. Gustavus accepts self-reported scores, the student score report, official scores from testing center or on your official high school transcript.
International48250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48250 USD per year during 48 months.
National48250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48250 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Mankato
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.