Courses in Spanish may apply to the major or minor in Latin American Studies, and coursework in Portuguese may apply to the major or minor in Spanish and Latin American Studies. Courses in Japanese or Chinese language may apply to the major or minor in Asian Studies. Coursework in Arabic may apply to the minor in Islamic World Studies.
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Modern Languages and Literatures Program at Lake Forest College are:
- French and Spanish majors will be able to demonstrate oral proficiency at the high intermediate level or above (as defined by ACTFL guidelines) and able to articulate grammatically correct and phonetically understandable French/Spanish at the required level.
- French and Spanish majors will be able to demonstrate written proficiency to articulate their ideas in standard written French/Spanish and at the high intermediate level or above (as defined by ACTFL guidelines).
- French and Spanish majors will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the literatures related to target languages, the skills of literary analysis and critical thinking about texts, reading for comprehension, critical reflection and textual analysis, and be able to analyze and defend their analysis.
- French and Spanish majors will demonstrate knowledge of major literary genres, movements, textual themes, author’s style and contributions, and critical vocabulary for the study of literature.
- French and Spanish majors will reflect understanding of target cultures related to the language studied. This will include demonstrating knowledge of cultural norms and differences, historical, social, economic, political, artistic expression or other aspects of culture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Beginning Arabic
- Intermediate Arabic
- Advanced Intermediate Arabic
- Spoken Chinese for Travelers
- Chinese in the Business World
- Beginning Chinese
- Beginning French
- Advanced Intermediate French
- Beginning Japanese
- Descriptive Linguistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 1444 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School/Secondary School Transcript
- One College Counselor Recommendation OR
- One Teacher Recommendation
- Interview (highly recommended)
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
International47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 48 months.
National47680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47680 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.