Samford students pursuing this degree will earn Alabama teaching certificates in four areas:
- Early Childhood Education (Preschool-3rd grade)
- Early Childhood Special Education (Preschool-3rd grade)
- Elementary Education (Kindergarten-6th grade)
- Elementary Collaborative Special Education (Kindergarten-6th grade)
The Early Childhood and Elementary Education program at Samford University prepares you to be prestigious teachers through rigorous curriculum, high teacher expectations, numerous professional development opportunities and a vast amount of hands-on experiences. The faculty not only cares about our continual academic growth, but they also make it a priority to invest in our hearts and passion. There is a difference between good and great teachers and Orlean Beeson School of Education definitely prepares you to be nothing less than great!
Objectives & Goals
Students in the ESEC teacher education program will engage in coursework throughout the program to build a knowledge base in theoretical understanding of elementary education, early childhood education and special education. During a student’s time at Samford, practical teaching skills to promote student learning will be developed through extensive field experiences at schools and other learning settings. Professional dispositions encompassing values, commitments and ethics will be established and expanded while in the ESEC teacher education program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Child Growth and Learning within the Educational Culture
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education Programs
- The Arts: Curriculum and Instruction in the Early Childhood and Elementary Grades
- The Sciences: Curriculum and Instruction in the Early Childhood and Elementary Grades
- Current Issues in Education
- Student Teaching
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 709 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed International Undergraduate Application
- $40 application fee
- Official government documentation (passport, visa)
- Documentation for financial support (bank statement, minimum balance $42,120)
- Translated and notarized transcript (if your high school study was done abroad)
- WES Course by Course Evaluation
- ECE Course by Course Evaluation
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation
- English proficiency tests
- TOEFL/TOEFL iBT: Samford’s test code for TOEFL is R1302IELTS
- ACT/SAT scores (student may request waiver)
International34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34198 USD per year during .
National34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34198 USD per year during .
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.