The primary purpose of this degree program is to blend the traditional outcomes of a liberal education, which provides breadth, and a specific Organizational Leadership concentration that provides curriculum depth in leadership and organizational behavior.
This degree program in Organizational Leadership from Fort Hays State University is also designed to provide maximum flexibility for those students who desire to play a greater role in determining the content of their academic study. Those who participate in Organizational Leadership have a strong foundation in the theories of leadership and organizational behavior as well as the competencies and desire to put knowledge into action.
Advantages of the BGS Degree
- Provides students with breadth in subject matter.
- Provides maximum flexibility to students in developing their program of study.
- Most experts agree that a strong background in the liberal arts - a generalist approach - is the best preparation for leadership.
- Ideal for students seeking employment opportunities in human relations (business, industry, education, social services, etc.)
- Combines theory with practical application in the study of organizational leadership.
- Provides both multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach to the study of leadership.
- Ideal for students who are looking for a unique program to prepare them for the challenges of leadership in the 21st century. (FHUS is one of only a few colleges and universities in America providing a comprehensive academic leadership program.)
- Illustrates the student's full commitment to the field of organizational leadership and development.
- Upper division organizational leadership courses are highly individualized to meet the needs and interests of the student (electives, readings, and internships.)
- Internship opportunities help prepare students for immediate employment upon graduation.
- Program course work stresses critical skills necessary to be effective in modern organizations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Global Challenges
- Leadership and Team Dynamics
- Women and Leadership
- Advanced Leadership Behaviors
- Global Leadership
- Principles of Organizational Leadership
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: Fort Hays State University has a rolling admissions policy for all incoming undergraduate students
DisciplinesLeadership View 322 other Bachelors in Leadership in United States
- Complete undergraduate application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Clear copy of the current passport id page
- Submit official transcript; All transcripts must be issued in English
- The GPA (Grade Point Average) requirement is 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Students must provide a certified bank statement showing sufficient funds for your educational expenses at FHSU for one year
- International students must show evidence that they have met the minimum FHSU English Proficiency Requirement
International15890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15890 USD per year during 48 months.
National15890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15890 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5444 USD per year during 48 months.
MSEP Resident: $7,517.70/year
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.