While clinical health professionals might treat an elderly diabetic patient, a community health professional will work to understand and reduce a community’s elevated risk for diabetes.
At The City University of New York, students in the Bachelor of Science program in Community Health learn to analyze how both social structures (including poverty, racism and environmental exposures) and behavioral choices shape a community’s health. They take courses in health disparities, epidemiology, public health biology, and community health assessment to develop their analytic skills and courses in health communications and social media to learn tools for addressing public health problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Sociology
- Introduction to Community and Public Health
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Social Structure and Health (W)
- Introduction to Health Communication Theory and Practice
- Social Disparities in Health
- Environmental Public Health
- Public Health Biology
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Health Care Systems and Health Policy
- Digital Media and Health
- Community Health Assessment
- Directed Fieldwork Practicum
- Research Symposium
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Health View 690 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 30+ POINTS WITH AN IB DIPLOMA: Students who have completed an IB Diploma with 30 points or higher may be awarded 30 credits (7 credits for each HL exam and 3 credits for each SL exam). See the International Baccalaureate Policy for more detailed information.
- 24-29 POINTS: Students with 24-29 points may be awarded credits for HL (Higher Level) IB exams with a grade of “5” or better in accordance with the equivalencies in our International Baccalaureate Policy. SL (Standard Level) courses are not transferable with 29 points or less. An official IB transcript and diploma (if applicable) are required for credit review.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6930 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.