Law and Society program Highlights:
- Gain the background and knowledge you need to enter law school or attend graduate school in the area of public policy or another related field.
- Complete an internship working with the district attorney’s office, the courts or a law office, if desired.
- Understand the political influences on judicial decision-making, the evolution of the right to privacy, environmental law, plea bargaining, police discretion, the role and function of juries, the legal environment of business, the juvenile justice system, disputes over constitutional interpretation and the philosophical underpinnings of the commitment to free expression.
- Develop a knowledge of the many different types of law practices operating in the United States and receive guidance that may help you decide how best to direct your future career.
- Join Politics, Law & Society, an Frostburg State University student organization that promotes a deeper understanding of politics and law, and how they impact various aspects of our society.
- Law enforcement officers
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job openings for law enforcement officers are expected to grow by 5 percent through 2022. Opportunities are expected to increase as public interest in the need for security grows. Opportunities vary regionally.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates the career opportunities for lawyers to grow by 10 percent through 2022, which is on par with the national average across all occupations.
- Legal Environment of Busines
- Environmental Law
- Telecommunications Law
- Labor Relations
- Sport Law and Ethics
- Social Philosophy
- Criminal Justice Ethics
- State and Local Politics
- Public Administration
- American Public Policy
- Juvenile Delinquency
- The American Correctional System
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminology View 263 other Bachelors in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an original Application for Admission to Frostburg State University.
- Pay the one-time application fee of $45.00 (USD) to Frostburg State University.
- Submit official or school certified academic transcript(s) from all high schools and/or colleges/universities attended.
- Submit an International Student Certification of Financial Support form along with required supporting financial documents.
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 48 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6700 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.