At the same time, it focuses on law in all of its diversity. It is based in the Department of Political Science, but draws from the Departments of History, Journalism, Sociology, Philosophy, Economics, Family Studies, and Communication Studies.
The major was created in consultation with Samford's Cumberland School of Law, and provides students with the opportunity to work directly with faculty from the Law School. It also requires students to take part in a law-related internship.
The Law, Politics and Society major at Samford University will provide students with all of the general skills, such as reading, writing, communication, and critical thinking, that will serve them well as they study law. It will also focus on a series of topics crucial to the study of law: general areas such as jurisprudence, ethics, legal history, law and economics, criminology, international law, and global human rights; and in specific areas such as media law, family law, legal communication, and the Alabama and US Constitutions.
Objectives & Goals
As a Law, Politics and Society major you will graduate with essential communication and critical thinking skills as well as outstanding education in jurisprudence, ethics, legal history, law and economics, criminology, international law, global human rights, media law, family law, legal communication and the Alabama and U.S. Constitutions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Power and Politics
- Introduction to American Politics
- Methods and Practice of Political Science
- Senior Seminar in Political Science
- Mock Trial
- The Constitution and the Federalist Papers
- Human Rights
- The Alabama Constitution: 100 Years of Controversy
- Introduction to Jurisprudence
- Constitutional History of the United States
- International Law
- Law and the World
- Rise of the British State
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law Political Science View 1309 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed International Undergraduate Application
- $40 application fee
- Official government documentation (passport, visa)
- Documentation for financial support (bank statement, minimum balance $42,120)
- Translated and notarized transcript (if your high school study was done abroad)
- WES Course by Course Evaluation
- ECE Course by Course Evaluation
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation
- English proficiency tests
- TOEFL/TOEFL iBT: Samford’s test code for TOEFL is R1302IELTS
- ACT/SAT scores (student may request waiver)
International34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34198 USD per year during 48 months.
National34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34198 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.