Why study with us?
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your degree.
- Diversify your skills and knowledge: choose 4 elective courses from areas such as business, product/industrial design or entrepreneurship or take the opportunity to study a semester abroad.
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your Mechanical Engineering (Honours) - Mathematics degree.
Almost all industries need mechanical engineers. They work in medical, transport, automotive, aerospace, electronics, and mining industries, and in growth sectors like renewable energy, robotics, automation and advanced manufacturing.
Mechanical Engineering (Honours) - Mathematics program from the University of Newcastle is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- mechanical engineering designer
- mechanical systems supervisor
- mechanical technology engineer
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering
- Procedural Programming
- Professional Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology
- Mathematical Modelling
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- 60 months
- 144 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mathematics View 67 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 088937A
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools.
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
International38025 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38025 AUD per year during 60 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 60 months.
National students are Commonwealth Supported.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.