The fashion industry is increasingly looking for dynamic and multi-skilled practitioners to produce a range of content across editorial and commercial platforms.
The Fashion Media (Hons) programme at Solent University bridges the gap between core fashion communication disciplines such as social media, journalism, photography and advertising with digital media, event management and film-making creating a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, industry-designed degree programme.
Throughout the degree, you will work in a simulated real-world media environment and have the opportunity to explore your unique voice as a storyteller using words, pictures, film, art direction and design to create the innovative content of the future.
You will also analyse markets and understand how the editorial and commercial world connect and design innovative and fresh ways to engage audiences, translating a passion for fashion and lifestyle content to a global multimedia stage.
Students graduating from Solent’s BA (Hons) Fashion Media programme will be well prepared for a wide range of graduate level employment opportunities. Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Magazine designer/sub editor
- Social media editor
- Magazine journalist
- Digital content editor
- Fashion photographer
- Fashion writer
- Editor independent fashion/lifestyle publication
- Fashion influencer marketeer
- Copy editor
- Video content editor
- Trend forecaster
- Event planner/event designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fashion Research and Visualisation
- The Fashion Image
- Making Magazines
- Fashion Communities and Networks
- Digital Fashion Landscape
- Ethics and Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design Media Management View 109 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 96-112 UCAS tariff points from A-levels or equivalent
- A minimum of two completed A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM or BTEC Diploma at DM equivalent qualification or a combination of qualifications which comply with the minimum entry requirement of 96 UCAS points.
- Direct entry into the second or third years may be considered for this course.
- Applicants over the age of 21 may be considered based on relevant experience, without having the required tariff points.
- Applicants will be required to submit an e-portfolio.
- Alternative entry to this course is available through the Design Foundation Year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.