Why study with us?
- Real-world insights: connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Hands-on practical experience: build vital professional networks and hands-on industry experience with 12 weeks of professional practice throughout your Chemical Engineering (Honours) - Business program from University of Newcastle.
- Travel the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia. You can even start while you’re studying with international exchanges and scholarships available.
- Internationally-experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your combined engineering degree.
Chemical engineers are employed in a wide range of industries. They may be involved in creating products like plastics, fertilisers, consumables, pharmaceuticals and paints. They might also work to develop fields such as environmental control, resource utilisation, minerals processing, renewable energy, waste management and recycling. Average starting salaries for engineers are great – more than $80,000 per annum.
Chemical engineering is flexible and diverse. You may prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or a leadership role managing people and projects. Typical positions include:
- biotechnology engineer
- nuclear engineer
- chemical safety manager
- water treatment designer
- mineral processing engineer
- environmental remediation engineer
Remarkably, engineering is the most commonly held degree among the highest performing Fortune 500 CEOs – the CEOs of companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Tesla Motors are all engineers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting for Decision Makers
- Process Engineering Principles
- Microeconomics for Business Decisions
- Procedural Programming
- 60 months
- 144 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Business Administration Chemistry View 20 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 093505E
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
International35985 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35985 AUD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.