The Philosophy and Religion (PHIL) program draws on traditions of thought from around the world. Its strength lies in its ability to bring diverse traditions to bear on philosophical and religious questions as well as contemporary ethical, social, and political issues. The program offers courses that are designed to help students think critically about fundamental values and their application to society.
The study of Philosophy and Religion is the ability to critically engage ideas, theories, faiths, and forms of life so that key values, histories, and intellectual processes may be understood and reflected upon systematically. Philosophy and Religion represents key disciplines where the search for values, rituals, logic, and interpretation emerge, and where their application to lives have found a focus on the questions of the human quest for meaning and structure.
About the program
The Philosophy and Religion program at Stockton University is a place to come for an excellent education owing to the unique, dynamic, and diverse areas of specialty and experiences that its members create.
The courses offered by program members, both in Philosophy and Religion and in General Studies, provide inspiring opportunities for undergraduates who want to acquire a broad humanistic background, who wish to pursue further study in philosophy and religion, or who are heading toward other professional careers.
- History of Early Christianity
- Judaism, Christianity, Islam
- History of Christian Thought
- Eastern Christianity
- Modern Issues in Religious Studies
- Buddhist Philosophy
- Chinese Philosophy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 1111 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the Online Discover Stockton Application with a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- From other internationally-patterned systems: An evaluation and US equivalency report of all secondary school grade reports, mark sheets, diplomas, certificates or examination results which indicate completion of present studies, specific subjects studied, and the marks or results received.
- Standardized language test scores such as Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System's (IELTS) scores must be submitted by students from non-English speaking countries.
- One to two recommendation letters from your secondary school counselor(s) are recommended for freshman applicants.
International20474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20474 USD per year during 48 months.
National20474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20474 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.