With the BA Events Management (Hons) at the Queen Margaret University you’ll also learn how to think critically about issues such as sustainability, crime and what happens when the party is over. There are political considerations too, as many events are used to encourage tourism, regenerate communities and stimulate local economies. Leading industry figures will bring your learning to life in guest lectures.
An event is like an iceberg, and the performance that the audience see on stage is just the tip. Behind that lies the 90% of unseen hard work done by the events manager and their team. On this course you’ll learn about the nature of events and how to design, manage and deliver them. You’ll gain invaluable practical skills on a placement and have the opportunity to study abroad.
- You can gain invaluable experience working in Edinburgh’s many festivals and other large international events on your doorstep.
- We have superb links with active professionals in the field with renowned visiting professors and guest speakers from organisations including Marketing Edinburgh and Cameron House Hotel.
- The balance of theory and practical experience will prepare you to work in a variety of events management roles in the UK and abroad.
You’ll have the in-demand skills and confidence to kick-start your career with a role in events management, festival management, sporting events management and many other interesting fields.
Recent graduates are carving out impressive careers as General Manager, Events Coordinator, Performer Co-ordinator, Conference and Events Manager, Events Executive at Visit Scotland, Events and Groups Executive at Apex Hotels and Front of House Supervisor at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Events Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Tourism
- Introduction to Finance and Accounting
- Entrepreneurship in Hospitality and Tourism
- Events Destination Development
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEvent Management View 94 other Bachelors in Event Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: BBBC
- A Level: BCC
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H3 H3 H3
- International Baccalaureate: 28 points
- Required Subjects: Maths and English at S/Int2/N5/GCSE.
- Mature/Access: SWAP Access to Humanities/ Arts/ Business. We welcome applications from mature students with relevant qualifications and/or experience.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 36 months.
RUK (FT)+: £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.