With the BSc Physiotherapy (Hons) at the Queen Margaret University :
In Year One you will gain an understanding of the basic and applied sciences which underpin physiotherapy. In the second and third years you will develop patient management and therapeutic skills.
Part of your learning will take place in a variety of real health and social care settings where you will be supported by an experienced, registered physiotherapist. You will work (under supervision) with patients, their carers and/or families and with other health and social care professionals who may be involved in their care. These experiences of practice-based learning are integrated throughout each year of study. Practice-based learning occurs in all levels of the course, and takes place at sites across Scotland, and students are required to cover any associated costs.
In the final year, you will work in small groups to undertake a relevant physiotherapy project. Projects are designed to enhance knowledge and skills which will be valuable in the workplace. All project teams will have a dedicated supervisor to guide the process.
We have implemented an interprofessional education (IPE) focus within all of our undergraduate healthcare courses to help produce graduates who are confident in their own professional identity but with additional skills that will allow them to work as effective team members. The IPE component will develop your mutual understanding of roles, expertise and values of other team members; skills and strategies in working in teams; problem solving, team decision making skills; role flexibility; and ability to learn from others.
- You will be part of a relatively small cohort and have a dedicated personal tutor who will follow your progress and offer guidance throughout all university-based and practice-based learning experiences.
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, vibrant and social learning community with integration across all physiotherapy year groups that creates a supportive learning environment.
- Extracurricular opportunities will provide the chance to further enhance your physiotherapy education.
You can work as a physiotherapist in the NHS, both in major hospitals and in the community, in private practice, or in industry. Some of our graduates have also gone on to as sports physiotherapists and to pursue research careers.
- Interprofessional Education 1: Teams and Team Working
- Preparing for Physiotherapy Practice
- Foundations of Health Science
- Progressing Foundations of Health Science
- Interprofessional Education: Professional Roles and Interprofessional Teamwork
- Physiotherapy Practice 1: Neuromusculoskeletal
- Physiotherapy Practice 2: Cardiorespiratory
- Physiotherapy Practice 3: Neurological Physiotherapy
- Practice-based Learning – Placement
- Physiotherapy and Behaviour Change
Contextualising Physiotherapy: Self, Health and Wellbeing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 103 other Bachelors in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: AABBB
- A Level: AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H1 H2 H2 H3
- International Baccalaureate: 32 points
- Required Subjects: Two of Biol, Phys,Chem and Maths at Higher/A Level or equivalent. Scottish and Irish applicants are also required to pass Higher English.
- Mature/Access: SWAP Access to Science. We welcome applications from mature students with other relevant qualifications and /or experience. Other degree and graduate qualifications will be considered.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
RUK (FT)+: £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.