The social work curriculum stresses integrating knowledge of human behavior, social welfare policy and services, and research, with the values and skills of the social work profession.
Suggested Liberal Arts Courses for Prospective Social Work Majors
Students of the Social Work Program from Skidmore College are encouraged to think carefully about how they approach the liberal arts requirement. A liberal education involves an appreciation of the relationship between the past and the present, an understanding of the social world, and the ability to communicate orally, in writing, and across cultures, as well as reasoning scientifically and quantitatively. Study in the liberal arts produces a deepened sense of self, and most profoundly, a commitment to lifelong learning. Social work practice rests on the liberal arts; the profession depends on broadly educated, reflective practitioners who integrate knowledge and ways of knowing from multiple disciplines, and who are committed to a life of curiosity, inquiry, and learning. Students considering a social work major are encouraged to consider the courses below as they fulfill the liberal arts requirement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Values and Populations-At-Risk
- Death and Dying
- Obsessions and Addictions
- Community Engagement
- Service-Learning in Social Work
- Social Work and Social Welfare
- Special Studies In Social Work
- Social Work With Children and Adolescents
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 679 other Bachelors in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator (includes official high school transcript).
- Two academic Teacher Evaluation Reports .
- Midyear Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator or school administrator or school administrator
- English Language Proficiency test scores for those for whom English is not their first language.
- English fluency is required of all students as Skidmore's liberal arts curriculum is based heavily on written and oral communication. All students must have the ability to communicate inside and outside the classroom.
- Secondary school and university-level transcripts and recommendations. Those not in English should be accompanied by an English translation.
- $65 application fee (check or credit card accepted).
International58128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58128 USD per year during 48 months.
National58128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58128 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saratoga Springs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.