About the Program
Students majoring in the Art History program of Hope College participate in a wide variety of activities:
- Apprenticeships in New York City, Chicago and through The Philadelphia Center
- Contact with visiting artists and lecturers of national importance
- Field trips to museums, such as those in Chicago and Detroit
- Exhibition experience in the De Pree Gallery
- Entrance in competitive shows
- Varied contact with other college art departments
An Art History major must present a comprehensive portfolio for 12-credit, junior year and senior year reviews by the art history faculty.
A major in Art or Art History is expected to take related course work in such areas as history, literature, music and theater. Students are required to visit museum collections and special exhibitions regularly. Art History majors should have reading knowledge of one foreign language. If graduate work is contemplated, a reading knowledge of French and German is recommended. For Art and Art History majors, foreign study and travel are strongly recommended during the student’s time at Hope.
- Medieval Art and Architecture
- Renaissance Art and Architecture
- Baroque Art and Architecture
- Modern Art and Architecture
- Contemporary Art and Architecture
- Special Problems in Art History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 55 other Bachelors in Museum Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Hope College Application
- Secondary school transcript (submitted by your guidance counselor)
- Official transcripts from any post-secondary school attended
- Verification of Financial Support
- Evidence of proficiency in English
International37990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37990 USD per year during 48 months.
National37990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37990 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.