Working alongside qualified expert physiotherapists, you will learn profession-specific skills which meet the needs of your future employers. You'll complete 1000 hours of work-based practice, taking advantage of our exceptional industry links. You have the opportunity to take part in a flexible self-directed placement in Year 2 that allows you to explore areas of your specific interest.
Our industry-experienced tutors provide you with theoretical backing and hands-on opportunities in our physiotherapy and simulation suites. Whilst learning, you will be able to work with other Institute of Health students, as you would in a professional role.
On completion of this degree, you will be eligible to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This will open up a variety of employment opportunities in the NHS, private and sporting sectors.
On this Physiotherapy (Hons) course from University of Cumbria you will
- Develop your skills and prepare for clinical environments with practical sessions facilitated by experienced staff in a range of simulated clinical environments.
- Learn the practical skills needed in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal, respiratory and neurological conditions.
- Complete a range of practice placements within various settings allowing you to experience the nature of the profession and the different specialisms which it covers.
- Get to know your classmates well and receive close tuition, support and guidance from our friendly lecturing team.
- Be able to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health and Care Professions Council upon graduation, allowing you to become an autonomous practitioner.
Accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and approved by the Health and Care Professions
- Applied Human Science
- Contemporary issues in health
- Physiotherapy Examination and Assessment
- Physiotherapy Treatment and Management
- Promoting Health & Wellbeing
- Exploring Evidence in Practice
- Physiotherapy Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 977 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cumbria and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A-levels: BBB (120 Pts) ABB (128 Pts) AAB (136 Pts)
- T-levels: "M - D" T levels Healthcare Science and Health are accepted for entry to this course
- 120 - 136 UCAS tariff points: To include 40 points in Biology/PE.
- Additionally required: A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C), to include English, Maths and Biology/Combined Science at grade C/4.
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Automatic tuition fee discount applied for all EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, currently resident in Europe, who will be commencing their studies in 2022/23.
- The scholarship will reduce the level of tuition fees payable from the Overseas tuition rate to the Home / UK tuition fee.
- For 2022/23 the annual Home fees are £9,250. If the course is of more than one year's duration the scholarship will be applied each year for the duration of the degree program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.