Become part of an organization of professionals with a rich history at the Bharti School of Engineering. Answer the call to be an engineer and work collectively toward the betterment of society, with this Mechanical Engineering program at Laurentian University.
Apply your problem-solving skills to diverse areas such as robotics and automation, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and ventilation, biomechanics, transportation, energy production and conversion, and much more.
Learn about dynamic modelling, control algorithm development, engineering materials, manufacturing and mechanical design, microprocessor programming and heat transfer. Tailor your coursework to specific areas of interest or choose to specialize in the area of mechatronics.
Graduates can rest assured knowing there is a multitude of career options they can explore post-graduation. Some career options include, but are not limited to:
- Mechanical design
- Project management
- Quality control
- Preventive maintenance
- Research and development
- Production engineering
Many of these careers can be found in public and private sectors such as power generation, mining, manufacturing, telecommunications, aerospace, defence/military, forestry, etc.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Mechanics
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Economics
- Heat Transfer
- Finite Element Methods
- Machine Design
- Materials and Manufacturing
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Control Systems
- Microprocessor Systems and Interfacing
- Engineering, Technology and Society
- Digital Control
- Robot Manipulation
- Digital Logic and Microprocessors
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 365 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcripts. If documents are in your native language, please provide a notarized and officially translated copy in either English or French
- Official high school diploma. If documents are in your native language, please provide a notarized and officially translated copy in either English or French
- Proof of language skill: English for English language programs or
- French for French language programs
- Applicants must meet both language requirements for bilingual programs
- A resume or CV specifying current education and work experience
- A copy of a valid passport (both sides)
International25960 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25960 CAD per year during 48 months.
National6180 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6180 CAD per year during 48 months.
In-State6000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Greater Sudbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.