The Human Nutrition (Hons) program at Bath Spa University provides an approach to nutrition that is based on the scientific and academic principles of biology, biochemistry, social and public health aspects of human nutrition as well as observing the principles of food resources, food development and safety.
By studying human nutrition, you’ll understand the scientific principles underlying nutritional requirements throughout life, in health and disease.
Human Nutrition graduates have gone into a number of graduate careers including:
- Dietetics (after a postgraduate dietetics programme)
- Working in the food industry in new product development, and as technologists and sensory analysts
- Secondary school teaching - Biology (after PGCE)
- Master's programmes in specialisms such as nutrition and sport or physical activity
- PhD study and post-doctoral research
- Working in public health for councils or local organisations
- Graduate health and wellbeing advisors
- Research Skills for Human Nutrition
- Human Nutrition
- Human Pathophysiology and Nutrition
- Food Analysis
- Future Food: Food and Nutrition in the 21st Century
- Food Product Development
- Applied Microbiology
- Environmental Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Nutrition & Dietetics Biochemistry View 893 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. The main ones are listed below:
- A Level - grades BCC-CCC including a Grade C in Biology, Human Biology, Biological Sciences or Social Biology.
- BTEC - Extended Diploma grades from Distinction, Merit, Merit (DMM) to Merit, Merit, Merit (MMM) in a related subject.
- T Levels – grade Merit-Pass (C+) preferred in a relevant subject.
- International Baccalaureate - a minimum of 27 points are required with a minimum of Grade 6 in Biology or a related subject at Higher Level.
- Access to HE courses - typical offers for applicants with Access to HE will be the Access to HE Diploma or Access to HE Certificate (60 credits, 45 of which must be Level 3, including 30 at merit or higher) in a science or related subject.
International15450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part time: £4,625
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.