The Business Management Top-Up programme of University of Worcester will prepare you well for the widest possible range of careers in the private, public or voluntary sectors. It is particularly good preparation for early-career roles as a trainee manager, in areas such as sales, customer service or recruitment. Many graduates find fruitful opportunities working initially within specialist recruitment agencies or consultancies. It will also provide you with a route to postgraduate study.
- You can complete your business top-up in 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time.
- Builds on your existing business study from your HND or Foundation degree.
- Wide range of optional modules available to appeal to your interests and evolving career aspirations.
- Entry route to a very broad range of management careers.
- Taught in a highly supportive and welcoming environment by tutors who have real business experience - many of our staff act as consultants to local businesses, multinational corporations, governments or have run their own business.
Where could it take you?
We recognise that optimising your future employment and earning potential are a key factor in selecting your degree. On our Business Management Top-up degree, you'll benefit from:
- the option of a paid placement year which significantly increases your chance of getting a job when you graduate, possibly even with your placement company (except Information Technology for Education BSc (Hons)). We also advertise short-term vacancies on our VLE
- the option to spend a semester abroad at one of our exchange universities in the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia or New Zealand to help you develop the intercultural skills that are so highly sought after by today's employers
- targeting selected Employability Standards in every module. These are designed by Worcester Business School in consultation with employers, so you will always be able to see the employability relevance of what you are studying
- automatic access to our electronic CV Compiler Tool to create a live and evidence-based CV
- being accredited by, recognised by or mapped to professional qualifications and/or associations as appropriate
- access to our broad network of business managers and employers (including our own Business School Advisory Board) who work closely with us to design courses, offer scholarships and prizes, host student visits, support student competitions, provide work-related projects and contribute to teaching activities
- employment preparation workshops which include CV preparation, mock interviews/assessment centres and meetings with employers
- course content written and taught by business professionals and practitioners who are fully aware of what today's employers are looking for
- work-based learning modules where you can learn via a live work-based project
- adopting a real-world, applied approach to learning, teaching and assessment so that what you learn is relevant and useful to your future employer(s)
- access to a host of CV-enhancing co-curriculum activities such as our start-up café, international study weeks, case study/business plan competitions, vacation research projects, mentoring activities, etc
- our 'earn as you learn' part-time work opportunities which will significantly boost your employability after graduation
- Enhancing Organisations & Employability
- International Business Strategy
- Business Options
- Audit, Ethics & Governance
- Brand Management
- International Marketing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1365 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have successfully completed the first two years of a degree, or have obtained an HND or Foundation degree in Business.
- The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
- All academic transcripts
- Copies of degree/diploma certificates
- Up to two academic references (depending on your course level and subject)
- An English language test score (IELTS/Cambridge Advanced, Pearson)
- Your personal statement
- Copy of your current passport or ID card
International13400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.